Mashy Niblicks

When I started this blog, it contained the sum total of all the knowledge of mankind. Unfortunately, each time I add a posting, a small amount is subtracted from that sum. Oh well. Can't be helped. What-uh-ya-gonna-do? The Doctor... By the way, the following are the conventional definitions of Mash-y Nib-lick: 1) light kisses on the neck from an unwanted suitor; 2) strained peas.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Shingle Springs, CA, United States

The title "Doctor" was conferred upon me by associates who understand that I have at least some knowledge about… well… everything. My knowledge isn’t as deep though, as it is wide. I don’t know a lot about anything in particular. In fact, you could make the case that I know almost nothing about just about everything! And, I’m willing to talk about it. To anyone. Whether they’re interested or not. That's my philosophy and I'm sticking to it. I can write about philosophy because I’m a Philosopher. After considerable research, I discovered that in order to be a philosopher, one only has to place the word “Philosopher” after one’s name. That’s it. Voila, you are a bona fide philosopher. Who’s going to argue? Philosophers don’t have some magic wand or secret handshake. They just call themselves philosophers. So, should you wish to know a little – about anything – just say the word. I’ll Google that word and be able to discuss it with you ad nauseam. S. Arthur Yegge, Philosopher syegge@gmail.com

Monday, March 07, 2005

Tiger won. So what?...

Okay, did anyone believe that he WOULDN’T eventually make a comeback and start spanking opponents like they were ugly stepkids? No. I didn’t think so. Okay, and yes, he did come back with a record 24 under for the tourney. And, you think that now I should be writing about his “remarkable comeback from the brink.” Get real. I’ve got much more important stuff to convey.

Okay, here’s the deal. I took a little time off to work on my novel. Who’s to know? Certainly not you knuckleheads. I write these blogs until my poor little fingers go numb and what kind of response do I get? That’s right. Nadda. Not a word. Not a peep. I might as well be writing letters to Ben Hogan for all the response I get. But. Miss a couple of sessions and all of the sudden I get kicked around like there’s no tomorrow. People start to talk. People start to complain. People start asking, “What's happened to The Doctor?” Things get ugly. And, I hold you, the Readers, personally responsible for this situation.

Had I but known. Had I but the smallest of inklings that anyone was reading this garbage other than my mother and a few folks there with her at the funny farm, I never would have let you down. I never would have taken the sabbatical that I did. (For you at the funny farm, a ‘sabbatical’ is not a bath on Sunday.)

This is a two-way communication forum. So, do your part. Gimme some feedback, baby.

Now, don’t get all weepy and teary-eyed on me. It’s not the end of the world. Just buck up and start making yourself known around here. Drop me a line, a note, or – horror of horrors! – a Comment on the blog!

And by the way, Tiger didn’t win. Mickelson choked on that chip shot.


S. Arthur Yegge
Philosopher

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear doc, I will have to agree with you on the whole Tiger didnt win, Phil Lost theory. Weve all had those "robbery" putts that illicit less than sportsman-like behavior from even the most docile and even keeled a golfer. If Phil wasnt surrounded by all that he was, Im sure that a few choice words would have been heard 2 or 3 holes away. (Kinda like when you are playing at Apple Hill.) It certainly wouldnt have broken his concentration that much... he's been dialed in for weeks now, and the match was over anyways. Its was just one of those bad luck putts that allowed somebody else to win... Tiger or other. The great thing is that we will see some very tight matches this year once EE and VJ get back into the mix. Funny stuff you write. Didnt know you were so full of it. Enjoyable words.

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home